This event is open to clubs who are members of the North Lancashire Swimming & Water Polo Association and is a two Division league consisting of divisions of 8. Dolphins are currently in division two and will be gunning for promotion when the event resumes in 2022.
The competition takes place across 3 meets at three venues:
- Mid January @ Darwen
- Mid April @ Lancaster
- Early Jun @ Blackpool
The winners and promoted teams are decided by who has accumulated the most points across all 3 events.
The team to represent Dolphins is selected by the head coach prior to each event and consists of 4 to 5 boys and 4 to 5 girls in each of the following age bandings:
- Aged 12 and under (at the date of the last gala)
- Aged 13 and 14 (at the date of the last gala)
- Aged 15 and over (at the date of the last gala)
The North West Microleague is affiliated to the national Junior Inter League and allows young swimmers aged 9-12 to experience swimming in a friendly atmosphere. The competition consists of 3 divisions with a maximum 8 teams in each division.
Competitors represent their clubs at a series of 4 galas swum against 3 other teams in their division. The event is a combination of relays and individual events at each age groups and the age bandings are:
- Aged 9 and under in the November of the year of the competition
- Aged 10 on 31st December of the year of the competition
- Aged 11 on 31st December of the year of the competition
- Aged 12 on 31st December of the year of the competition
The North West microleague runs between February and July every year. The winners and promoted teams are decided by who has accumulated the most points across all 4 events, with the top club in Division A representing the league in national competition.
The National Arena League is a national competition for swimmers aged 12 and over.
Following a 2 year break Clitheroe Dolphins will apply to return to the competition in 2022 by competing in the North West Area competition.
The competition consists of 4 divisions (One, Two, Three & Minor ) across 3 rounds taking place on the second Saturdays of October, November & December. The third gala is a final to determine who represents the Area in the national final and also promotion and relegation.The event is a combination of relays and individual events at each of the age bandings:
- Aged 12 & under on 31st December of the year of the competition
- Aged 13 & 14 on 31st December of the year of the competition
- Aged 15 and over on 31st December of the year of the competition
We encourage our swimmers to attend Open galas that are advertised throughout the season, as times achieved at these events can be used by swimmers as entry qualifications to larger more prestigious events such as:
- North Lancs Level 3 Championships - Held every July
- North Lancs Level 2 Championships - Held across 2 weekends every Sept/Oct
- Lancashire County Championships - Held across 3 weekends every Jan/Feb
- North West Regional Championships - Held across 3 weekends every Apr/May
There are regular communications sent out about which galas we will be attending as a club. If you have any questions about galas please contact [email protected]